Riding a longboard is fun, but sliding on it is even better. When you slide, you are doing some tricks or moves like downhill riding or freeride that can be risky-but also really fun! The best way to get the most out of this activity would be with the right equipment; for instance, an excellent board for slipping. It’s cool to show off your new skills in a safe way while cruising down the street with friends if you have good gear and knowledge about the best longboard for sliding. In this article, I’ll tell about two great models as well as how to pick out one of these awesome boards so sliders everywhere will rejoice!
Longboarding is a great pastime, but there are a few things you need to know before you get started. A lot of people love riding longboards, but not too many people have a proper understanding of them. This blog will explain what sliding is and what their main features are. I will also take a look at the different types of longboards and suggest which one is best for sliding.
Best Longboard for sliding in 2022
The best longboard for sliding is the one that will be able to support your weight, have a decent width, and have a top quality slide that will give you the smoothest ride possible. There are many factors to consider when choosing the best longboard for sliding.
So here we enlist some of the best sliding longboard for you. And I hope after reading this blog you will be able to choose the best longboard for sliding.
- VOLADOR Longboard
- Landyachtz Longboard
- Playshion Longboard
- Arbor Longboard
- Magneto Longboards
- Loaded Longboard
- JUCKER HAWAII Longboard
- MINORITY Longboard
- Slendor Longboard
- Atom Longboard
Top Sliding Longboard – At A Glance
Volador 42inch Freeride Longboard Complete Cruiser
- As an artisan work from our engineering team, the 42inch drop through camber deck offers super flex and shock absorber.
- 8-ply natural hard rock maple and epoxy glue, a healthy material brings more fun, and is better for environment.
- Genuine aluminum 7-Inch reverse kingpin trucks are adjustable as 50 or 45 degree, and take to you great maneuverability.
- Durable 70x51mm 78A PU wheels work with ABEC-9 Persian bearings, letting you enjoy an unsurpassed smooth ride.
- Designed by talents across the Atlantic. Graphics range from strikingly vintage to avant-garde looks.
The Volador 42 Inch Freeride Longboard Cruiser Complete is one of the most outstanding options when it comes to longboards sliding. The longboard comes with a large dimension which is 42 inch and measures 8.5 inches wide and 22 inches long, making it the perfect choice for anyone who wants to have fun with sliding.
This longboard is great for riding uphill and downhill because it’s so easy to speed up. It’s also very lightweight, so it won’t make you tired as you ride it. You can use it for cruising, learning new tricks, and even racing. This longboard is great for both beginners and advanced riders.
This board is come with two different size 42 or 46 inches. This board is made out of 8 ply hard maple. It is very sturdy and strong. The deck is made out of hard maple. That means it is very strong and can take a lot of pressure. The deck is very solid, but it is still flexible. That means that when you go over something on the road, like a rock, the deck will bend instead of break.
Some of the best Voladors have a cool design and beautiful graphics. You can choose one that you like. You will have a smooth ride with this model.
Landyachtz Drop Cat Black Seeker 38” Complete Longboard
- 7 Ply Maple construction combines with rocker profile gives a slight dampening flex to help smooth out your ride
- The drop mounted, rocker and concave profile keep the rider’s feet comfortable and locked in place while freeriding giving the rider increased stability and carving ability
- Directional Longboard: 38.6 Inches long x 9.9 inches wide; 29.3 inch wheelbase
- Plow King 72MM 78A Longboard Wheels: Wide contact patch for more dampening and a smooth, comfortable ride
The Landyachtz drop cat longboard is a really good one for sliding. The deck is made of 8 layers of maple wood. It has a really cool shape with a concave that makes your feet feel really good while you are riding it. The longboard is 38.6 inches long and 9.9 inches wide. It has a wheelbase of 29.3 inches. The wheels are 72mm 78a plow king wheels. They are smooth, fast and grippy.
This longboard is made out of wood. It’s a long board with a smooth bottom. It’s designed for tricks and going fast. The wheels are made out of rubber. The wheels are big and soft. They are designed to roll smoothly over any surface. The trucks are made out of metal. They are designed to hold the wheels on the board. The trucks are designed to turn the wheels.
Landyachtz is a company that makes some of the best longboards we’ve ever seen. For example, their Drop Cat model is a great board that ticks all the boxes, with its aesthetically pleasing design and versatility.
Playshion Drop Through 39” Freestyle Longboard Cruiser
- 39″ x 9.1“ drop through longboard for beginner
- Strong but Flexible Eight Ply Maple Deck make longboard can Hold Up to 250 LBS weight
- Big Soft 70x51mm PU Wheels combined with ABEC-9 Bearings for Smooth Ride
- Solid 7 Inch Aluminum Trucks equipped with soft bushings for Comfortable Longboarding
- Easy to Learn for Kids and Adults beginner due to low to ground feature come from Dropthroguht mounting technology
The Playshion 39 Inch is one of the best longboards that come available in a wide range of styles. This product has been known to give any rider the opportunity to ride comfortably and in style, regardless of their preferred type of longboarding.
Using this board, it’s easy to control your speed and direction with its lower center of gravity. As the deck is quite durable, you can enjoy riding for longer. It comes with bigger wheels, trucks and bearings. All of these features allow for a smooth ride.
The general consensus is that you will find the Cruizer to be a great board. In fact, this board has proven itself to be a standout in terms of design, performance, and durability (as well as many other key features such as good grip tape). It’s definitely worth your money!
Arbor Performance Complete Bamboo Axis 40
- 8 Ply Canadian Hardrock Maple with a Carbonized Bamboo Finish Ply
- TRUCKS: Paris Reverse 50° 180mm
- WHEELS: Arbor Easyrider Series – Outlook; Size: 69mm // Durometer: 78A
The Arbor Performance Bamboo Axis is a reliable and exciting drop through longboard. At eight inches wide and nearly forty inches long, the Arbor Performance Bamboo is a big board that will allow you to coast down hills faster without falling thanks to its wider stance. The bamboo deck provides an excellent slide that will leave you grinning from ear to ear!
Falling from such a height can be quite dangerous, but when you’re equipped with the Arbor Performance longboard, this shouldn’t be an issue. Not only does it have automatic landing gear for safety, but it also has a well-oiled shock absorber hydraulic system that makes it very smooth to ride down the hills and roads.
Unfortunately, the wheels are not very durable. Be sure to pick up some replacements as they need to be replaced often if you are going downhill on a cracked or chunked wheel. Arbor Performance Bamboo Axis Longboard comes with Paris Reverse 50° 180mm trucks. The screws holding them onto the board might have to be tightened more though when installing the wheels, otherwise they may fall off and ruin your ride.
Magneto Bamboo longboard 42”
- MADE BY SKATERS All of our boards are designed by skaters and inspired by our location in Southern California, the birthplace of longboarding. Many of our design cues come from the local surf culture and natural materials, we let the simple aesthetics shine on their own.
- FLEXIBLE & STRONG The bamboo and fiberglass used in this deck make it really lively and fun for carving! The 3 plies of bamboo give the deck great flexibility while the fiberglass reinforces the deck to add strength and durability.
- QUALITY TRUCKS This board features gravity cast aluminum trucks with a 7 inch hanger and kingpin angle of 50 degrees. The bushings are High Rebound (medium stiffness) which adds to the carving experience.
Magneto Bamboo is an excellent longboard for experienced surfers and skateboarders. The 42 inch construction and symmetrical cutout shape with drop-through truck mounts allows the user to push easily without losing focus. One can also enjoy carving, downhill or leisurely pushing around town on this longboard as well!
The deck is made with a combination of bamboo and fiberglass. The mixture allows you to have a board that has great flexibility, strength and attractive looks. In addition, the material provides the rider with good response in turns and carves. It is also very lightweight, which gives you less resistance when making turns or going through sharp corners.
This product will take you to the next level of skating when it comes to moving swiftly and smoothly down the playa and on any terrain that won’t slow you down too much. The smooth cutout wheels are wheeled for extra quickness without compromising stability. And its concave shape will have you carving like never before!
Loaded Boards Tan Tien Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Complete
- TRICK-FRIENDLY CARVING MACHINE – The Loaded Tan Tien is a performance longboard created for carving, pumping, freestyle, freeride, and urban commuting / alternative transportation.
- ORANGATANG WHEELS – Orangatang 70mm Stimulus offer just the right amount of grip and slide for all-around riding in a balanced, lightweight design. Softer 80a orange formula is great for cruising, carving, and commuting. Includes Loaded Jehu V2 bearings.
- PARIS TRUCKS – Paris 180mm, 50° matte black longboard trucks deliver smooth and controlled turning response that’s perfect for carving, freestyle, and freeride.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE FLEX – Bamboo and fiberglass provide lively and energetic flex perfect for hard carving and pumping. Available in three flex ratings to tailor the ride to your weight and style. Lower flex is ideal for heavier riders or aggressive tricksters; higher flex is recommended for lighter riders or those looking for a more responsive board.
Loaded Boards produces the best longboards on the market today. Whether you prefer downhill or freeriding, if you want to enjoy a smooth ride and land some sweet tricks then you should start looking at Loaded’s products. The Tan Tien Bamboo board is their best product because it is made out of high quality supplies and will keep your streets clean while giving you a superior shipping experience.
Tan Tien longboards are a durable and light deck, which gives you maximum support for your feet and legs. They have large cut out areas that provide enough wheel clearance to ensure stability during tight turns. In addition, their unique contours allow you to lean into turns with confidence when utilizing the trucks on those wide bends!
The deck measures up at 39” x 8.75”, made from a combination of fiberglass and bamboo. The wheels are 70mm 80a Orangatang Stimulus – some of the best longboard wheels you can get. The trucks are Paris 50° 180mm, providing smooth cruising while still providing exceptional control and stability over any terrain.
Why the Tan Tien is the best longboard for you is because of its versatility, ability to perform well downhill as well as carving. If you are a heavier rider, it could be better to get Flex 2 which is more durable and rigid. This brand works best for advanced riders.
JUCKER HAWAII Longboard
JUCKER HAWAII Original Longboard Skateboards
- JUCKER HAWAII New Hoku – The flex and its shape makes the Hoku (hawai’ian Star) a perfect all-rounder for long boarders of all ages and weight class
- The KICKTAIL on both ends allows the rider to use the board for tricks. The dropthrough truck mount keeps the center of gravity low which makes the board a great cruiser
- The FIBERBLASS BAMBOO construction of the deck is extremely durable without impacting the weight of the board
- Overall is the Hoku a great ALLROUND BOARD, for sliding, carving, cruising, downhill and freeriding
- All JUCKER HAWAII longboards are fully assembled and ready to ride!
I think a lot of people like to challenge themselves with totally different riding styles. If you are one of them you will be excited about what we are going to give you: A bamboo longboard from Jucker Hawaii! It’s a popular model among teenagers and professionals – so whether you want to look cool, or just get around for the thrill – sky is the limit.
Thanks to this bamboo deck, which has been reinforced with multiple layers of fibrous sheeting, riders enjoy a stronger flex on the longboard and therefore an improved riding experience. What’s more, the wheels are wide and soft and can glide easily along soft tarmac as well as rough roads meaning you don’t need to choose between smooth concrete and softer asphalt.
When you ride the Sidewinder, you are bound to feel amazing. Tried out some tricks or slides? It’s common to experience feelings of empowerment and that’s what makes it so fun and rewarding!
MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard | 40-inch Drop Trough Deck | Made for Cruising Ride
- 100% maple wood deck
- The 40-Inch longboard is constructed with the classic downhill drop model. It’s low gravity construction is ideal for any speed ride.
- Super strong 8-ply cold pressed hardrock maple, 37-Inch wheelbase, spacious 10-Inch width deck, all these contributed to a stable downhill platform.
- Genuine alluminium 7-Inch reverse kingpin trucks are adjustable as 50 or 45 degree, and take to you great maneuverability.
- Durable 70x51mm 78A PU wheels work with ABEC-9 presion bearings, letting you enjoy an unsurpassed smooth ride.
- Designed by talents across the Atlantic. Graphics range from strikingly vintage to avant-garde looks.
When you’re ready to take your longboarding skills to the next level, there’s one product in particular that I highly recommend: the Minority Downhill Maple Longboard. The drop shape that curves into a radical concave deck is ideal for beginners and intermediate riders who are getting ready to try out sliding, providing a sturdy surface even on rough streets. What I like most about the board is how strong it is by having an 8 ply hard rock maple construction. The Minority Downhill Maple Longboard comes highly rated across the web because it works so well, whether you’re still new at riding or are already skilled at skating.
The classic downhill drop model is 40” x 9” inches with a 37” wheelbase. It has 70x51mm 78a polyurethane wheels with ABEC 9 bearings and a changeable 40/50° genuine aluminum trucks. The weight limit on this longboard is 200lbs, and the deck is built to want to flex lower towards your body weight the heavier you are. This deck may not be good for sliding if you’re close to its weight limit.
The deck of the board that has a low-gravity construction is stable and easy to balance on. While the trucks are a bit squeaky, they have extraordinary turning responsiveness for sharp turns. Moreover, the board itself is very cost-effective, so it’s excellent for people on a budget.
Slendor Longboard 42 inch Drop Through Deck Complete Maple Cruiser
- 42 X 9 Inch Longboards Skateboards, drop through camber deck offers super flex and shock absorber.
- Cold press 9 ply natural hard rock maple and epoxy glue, healthy materials bring more fun, and is better for environment.
- ABEC-11 high speed chrome steel bearings,7 inch 180 genuine aluminum trucks are adjustable as 50 or 45 degree, and take to you great maneuverability.
- Durable 70x51mm 85A PU wheels with rock finish. PU shock absorb ring: providing effective cushioning, adds more comfort to your skateboarding experience.
- Built for downhill, speed and freestyle riding, wide turning radius, suitable for all age sports enthusiast groups. 100% MONEY-BACK, buy with confidence, if for any reason you are not satisfied, we will give you a full refund.
The Slendor 42 inch Drop-Through Longboard is probably the best longboard for slides currently on the market and the brand has incorporated some truly impressive features in this product, which we find truly amazing.
With its streamlined deck that is comprised of top and base quality material, it’s easy to keep the ride smooth while you cruise over any type of ground. Best of all, it comes with a 70mm wheelbase as well as an 85A rating so this board will get you where you want to go right on time regardless of whether you’re on soft or rough terrain.
In addition to this, you can also make the most of this board as it has been crafted with superior features and a combination of materials to provide a balance on par with that of the finest athletes. This Slendor piece also very lightly at 6.03 pounds so enabling you to enjoy a superlative performance when riding.
Atom Drop-Through Longboard 41”
- Ultra-low-riding longboard ensures maximum stability, making it ideal for downhill carving
- Ease of pushing takes wear and tear out of around-town commutes, as well
- Unique perimeter shape gives 9.6-inches of leverage into every turn, while also eliminating wheel bite
- Full maple laminate deck; reverse King Pin (RKP) longboard trucks with 245-millimeter axles
- Includes limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty
Looking for a longboard that will maximize your sliding experience? The Atom Drop-Through Longboard is exactly what you need. The drop through deck is both symmetric and 9 ply maple laminate which will give you the control and stability you need to skid safely. With 80 grit silicon carbide wheels, your ride will stay stable even on rough terrain. Take on tough hills and uneven paths with ease, thanks to the drop though construction of this longboard. It’s made of environmentally sustainable materials that provide excellent durability, so you can use it for years to come!
The Atom Drop-Through longboard is ideal for racing because of the company’s 50° reverse kingpin trucks that offer 9.5″ of turning leverage and the smooth 78a super high rebound wheels with an Atom Wide Lip. These wheels are great for carving as they have a little bit of a bunch but still provide a smooth riding experience.
The Best Longboard for Sliding Buying Guide and How to Choose the best one?
Longboards that are great for sliding are created with specific features including a large surface area, wheels with flat sides, nose and tail kicks/kickers, concave decks, and flexible trucks. When looking for the best longboard for sliding, it’s best to consider the following factors:
Longboard decks are typically made with one of three materials, Maple, Bamboo and plastic or a mixture of all three. The choice of material really comes down to what the rider intends to use the deck for and personal preference. The primary benefit of longboards is that they are lightweight, which adds speed and flexibility on custom downhill tracks. Our Favorite Longboards has a diverse range of high-quality boards available for sale so that you can select one that will perfectly suit your riding style however you plan on using it. Check it out here!
Trucks of Longboard
When you’re looking to buy a skateboard, there are four main types of trucks that you’ll want to consider: Independent, Old-School, Retro RKP and Reverse Kingpin. Each one will affect the way that your board turns in completely different ways – some tighter than others – and this is why it’s important to do research beforehand to find out which type of truck is right for you. As well is, don’t forget that all boards will eventually wear down with time so if you plan on doing extreme jumps you may need to go more expensive than just using an average board, otherwise you stand a risk of breaking the deck or snapping axles which also require regular replacements.
Drop through mounting allows you to have more mobility over your skateboard. It makes for easy pushing out slides, and it helps you break traction fast if needed.
Length and Width
A typical longboard deck will measure around 34 to 44 inches, however the ideal length for a beginner is around 38-42 inches and ideally 8-10 inches wide. This is the perfect size for any rider, such as novice, intermediate or advance.
Wheelbase is the distance between the trucks. It can come in handy to find this measurement when seeking a board that will be proper for your needs. Here’s how to find it:
What are the best longboard wheels for sliding?
The best longboard wheels for sliding are wheels that will stay on the pavement when you do your slides and that are made out of hard plastic. You also have to have a good enough balance to execute slides.
What is the best longboard for cruising and sliding?
The best longboard for cruising and sliding is the Volador 42inch Freeride Longboard. It’s a fantastic board designed with a double kick tail, perfect to help you turn easy and effortlessly. Its deck features a sick graphic and concave. The board is very durable and will stand up to the test of time and all your skate adventures.
What longboard length should I get for sliding?
It depends on your weight. You generally want a longer deck for sliding. If you weigh over 200 pounds, then you should try a 46-inch or bigger board. If you weigh less than 200 pounds, then you can go with a smaller deck.
Which type of longboard is best for sliding?
There are a few types of longboards, but Canadian maple boards are considered to be the best ones. They’re made of hardwood such as maple and they are best suited for sliding. The Volador 42 inch and the Atom longboard are best for sliding.
Here are 10 of the best longboards for sliding, along with a buying guide to help you decide which is sliding longboard is right for you take a look at all of these top sellers. The options mentioned below cover just about every price range, and depending on your needs and/or preferences, you’ll find one that’s absolutely perfect.